Health and Safety Policy
(updated January 5, 2022)
COVID-19 Health and Safety policy: The Fine Arts Center, requires patrons to be fully vaccinated to attend performances. UMass students, staff, and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated per university policy. Additionally, masks are required at all performances, as well as in the university’s museums and galleries. We strongly urge the use of surgical, KN95, or N95 masks, which provide superior protection to cloth masks.
To attend an in-person performance or event please be prepared to:
- Present proof of full vaccination for COVID-19. This is either two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or one week after a booster within the last six months, or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine within the last two months. For the UMass Community, presenting a valid UCard meets this requirement. For the public, proof may be the original CDC vaccination record card, a copy of said record, or a mobile photograph of the card.
- Present a matching photo identification card with the same name as the COVID-19 vaccination card. (License, School ID, Passport, etc)
- Any individuals who are not fully vaccinated, or cannot locate their vaccination record, may instead produce a negative COVID-19 PCR test with the negative test result and collection date and time stamp within 72 hours of the event.
- Face masks must be worn at all times indoors while attending an event by all patrons, regardless of vaccination status. Face masks may be lowered to consume food and drinks during an event.
- Patrons under the age of 5, who cannot be vaccinated, must wear a mask at all times.
- The university and the Fine Arts Center strongly urge patrons to wear surgical, KN95, or N95 masks rather than cloth masks. These masks are known to provide superior protection.
If you are unable to provide requested documentation to enter a performance or event, you will be turned away.
The Fine Arts Center will comply with any additional promoter requirements for events.
If you have tickets to an event or performance and are feeling ill, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have been designated as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19; please stay home. Please contact our Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (413)545-2511.