Health and Safety Policy
(updated September 29, 2021)
In our continued commitment to maintaining the health and safety of the UMass community and patrons of the arts, the University of Massachusetts and the Fine Arts Center, require patrons to be fully vaccinated to attend performances. UMass students, staff, and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated per university policy. Additionally, masks are required at all performances, as well as in the university’s museums and galleries.
To attend an in-person performance or event please be prepared to:
- Present proof of full vaccination for COVID-19, two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. For the UMass Community, presenting a valid UCard meets this requirement. For the public, proof may be the original CDC vaccination record card, a copy of said record, or a mobile photograph of the card.
- Present a matching photo identification card with the same name as the COVID-19 vaccination card. (License, School ID, Passport, etc)
- Any individuals who are not fully vaccinated, or cannot locate their vaccination record, may instead produce a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) with the negative test result and collection date and time stamp within 72 hours of the event.
- Face masks must be worn at all times indoors while attending an event by all patrons, regardless of vaccination status. Face masks may be lowered to consume food and drinks during an event.
- Patrons under the age of 12, who cannot be vaccinated, must wear a mask at all times.
If you are unable to provide requested documentation to enter a performance or event, you will be turned away.
The Fine Arts Center will comply with any additional promoter requirements for events. Please check the performance website at www.fineartscenter.com for additional details and restrictions.
If you have tickets to an event or performance and are feeling ill, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have been designated as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19; please stay home. Please contact our Box Office at email@example.com or by calling (413)545-2511.