Creative People Leading Climate Action
A Call for work
Digital Exhibition of Visual and Performance Art on view Spring 2021.
The climate crisis is upon us, but we still have a limited time to make an impact. Use your art to lead the way! Add your art, poetry, music, short story, spoken word, performance, or multidisciplinary work to show your response to the crisis, to envision a new world, and to motivate positive action. This exhibition is an invitation, open to all, of work in any medium as defined below.
Use your climate inspire art to:
• Inspire Action.
• Capture beauty.
• Document this time of change.
• Help others imagine a better future.
• Stand in solidarity with those on the front lines.
• Mourn our collective losses.
• Share your unique vision.
• Showcase your hopes or dreams.
Augusta Savage Gallery, the Arts Extension Service, and partners in Creative Women Leading Climate Action Virtual Symposium will co-host Creative People Leading Climate Action, a juried digital visual art and multi-disciplinary exhibition, during the Spring 2021. Art works will be displayed on the Augusta Savage Gallery and linked to the Arts Extension Service’s Creative Women Leading Climate Action page and future Culture for Climate website.
This exhibition is an invitation to make a range of responses to the climate crisis, to envision a new world, and to motivate positive action.
All Entries must comply with the following guidelines:
- Submissions must be made by the artist(s) and be available to be shown online on these sites.
- All visual mediums and genres are welcome. (figurative, abstract, landscape, mixed-media, traditional, experimental, conceptual, prints, paintings, sculpture, video, drawing, photography, poetry, spoken word, theater, and others)
- Limit of no more than 5 entries per artist. Selections will be made by jury.
- We accept video submissions with the following restrictions: YouTube links only; maximum time: 5 minutes.
- For questions about pricing and sales, buyers will contact artists directly. Augusta Savage Gallery and AES do not take commission.
- Artists agree to allow their work to be used for marketing this exhibition.
Submission Deadline: April 1, 2021.
Notification of Accepted Works: April 9, 2021.
Exhibition Dates: April 14 – June 30, 2021 (thereafter moved to archives on ASG and AES sites).
HOW TO SUBMIT
Click here to submit or visit www.umass.edu/facforms/CWLCACallforArtistsAll entries will be reviewed by a jury.
No submission fee required!
U.S. and International artists are encouraged to apply.
What will be required:
- Artist Statement (should not exceed 5 sentences. Please include information about submission including influences on your thinking about the subject of your work).
- Artist Bio (2-3 sentences).
- Image Format: jpg png gif pdf (The smaller edge/side of the image should be a minimum of 1200 pixels; maximum size 5mb).
- For performance art and other videos (Youtube links only).
All information is provided in this Call for Entries. DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL
The Augusta Savage Gallery is a program of the Fine Arts Center at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
For more information about the Augusta Savage Gallery click here or visit www.fineartscenter.com/augusta.
The gallery has a reputable history of enlightening viewers on such social concerns as race, ethnicity, class, and cultural identity.
The Arts Extension Service (AES) is a program of the College of Humanities and Fine Arts at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. For more information, click here. The Arts Extension Service supports the arts through education, workshops, internships, publications and resources and works at the intersection of arts and sustainability.
Creative Women Leading Climate Action Virtual Symposium is a collaboration between AES, ASG, Women of Color Leadership Network, and…
We are grateful for our sponsors: Women’s Fund of UMass, SEIF, Department of Theater at UMass, CHFA