Arts in India
Alankara: Arts in India
Sunday, January 2 - Sunday, January 16
An escorted tour with Professor Ranjanaa Devi, Director, Asian Arts & Culture Program.
The tour begins in the capital city, Delhi, then travel through the state Rajasthan tracing the cultural heritage of this rich arts and crafts region to experience the beauty and silence of the unique desert region. Visit Udaipur (city of lakes), Mount Abu famed for its Dilwara marble temple carvings, stay in a fortress hotel in Nimaj to enjoy a wildlife safari on jeep, then on to Jaipur, (the pink city) and finally experience the magnificence of the Taj Mahal at Agra. This tour is designed with unique and exciting activities for all to enjoy- historical monuments, wildlife, local people, exotic foods, music, dance, and marvelous scenery.
Costs are estimated at $3700 per person all inclusive.
Call 413-577-2486 to book by October 1, 2010
For more information and photos go online: www.fineartscenter.com/asian
Click here for details on the September 27 informational meeting.
COSTS WILL INCLUDE:
* International / Domestic Air fares
* Accommodation on Twin Share basis on AP Plan
* Transport as per itinerary using AC Large Coach for travel , including all the days in Delhi.
* Services of Local English speaking guide as per itinerary in Delhi / Udaipur / Mount Abu /Jaipur and Agra.
* Necessary Entrance Fees to historical monuments, Boat ride in Udaipur, Jeep safari at Nimaj, Elephant / jeep ride at Amber Fort (subject to availability )
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
* Expenses of personal nature / Tips / Portage etc.
* Medical Expenses
Travel in safety and reliability through India with Trailblazer Tours India
Partners with the Asian Arts & Culture Program, Fine Arts Center, UMASS Amherst
Leading UMASS tours since 2001
Informational MeetingArts In India Tour
Monday, September 27 Fine Arts Center Lobby
An informational meeting for registrants and those interested in particpating in the January 2-16, 2011 Arts in India Tour. Sponsored by the UMass Fine Arts Center Asian Arts & Culture Program this meeting is open to those already registered for the trip and those who'd like more information. Information regarding passport requirements, immunizations, travel insurance and logistics will be presented. For additional information call 413-577-2486.
Free,5:00 pm to 6:00 pm